Blazing through Navy life one duty station at a time.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Three things for Thursday

I'm having one of those weeks.  The ideas just aren't flowing like they usually do.  I think it's because I'm in that late February rut, where it seems like spring is never going to come, it's never going to warm up, and there's just nothing very exciting on the horizon.  In reality, none of these things are actually true.  Spring will be here soon enough, and then quite soon after that I'll be complaining about how hot it is.  And as for exciting events on the horizon, in no time at all I'll be wishing things would just calm down.  To tide myself over, I've been doing a lot of  cooking, internet browsing and working out.  Gotta stay busy!


Here are the three things I'm loving this week:


1. Slow Simmered Meat Sauce from Cooking Light, March 2011.  I tweeted (twittered?) about this earlier in the week.  It does not disappoint.  We had it two nights in a row, plus enough leftover to freeze for another time.  It's super easy to make and so delicious.  I love anything I can throw in my Crock Pot, and after making this I will never buy sauce in a jar again.


2. Rikshaw Design's Kurtas.  Southern Living magazine featured Rikshaw founder Catherine Fitzsimmons and her mom in their March 2011 issue.  I've been in love with Indian wood-block printing ever since a trip to Singapore back in 2006.  Rikshaw's kurtas are gorgeous!  I can't wait to own one of my own.


3. Adele, 21.  Ooohh - this new album came out on Tuesday, and I'm in love!  It's amazing.  My apologies to all The Cure purists out there, but I am loving her cover of Lovesong.  I wouldn't say I like it better,  but it's a fresh take on an old favorite, and is probably the reason I bought this album.  But it's not the only reason I am so smitten.  There's not a single song on it I find the need to skip, and I think that says a lot.