|My sweet boy, who sometimes calls me "Sweet Mommy"...|
Thursday, January 27, 2011
1. anthropologie.com. In a perfect world, there would be an Anthropologie store around the corner, and I could visit it weekly, maybe even daily. Until then, I am happy enough to visit their website every day. I lust after the clothes, look forward to markdowns, and delight over the quirky home items. In fact, visiting them online might even be better - I'm sure they'd start to wonder about the woman coming into their store every single day, especially one who would always be "just browsing".
2. Cooking Light. In my constant quest to develop healthier eating habits, I started subscribing last year. I am so glad I did! Their recipes are light and healthy, but never short on taste. I had no idea!
3. The Hunger Games series, by Suzanne Collins. I'm always the last one on the cool book band wagon, and this series is no different. I've been reading about it in EW for some time now, but I finally got serious and downloaded The Hunger Games last night on my nook. WOW! I think I'm always hesitant to get into a hip YA book series (ahem, Harry Potter and Twilight, I'm looking at you) because I figure that either (a) they can't possibly live up to the hype or (b) the writing is going to be very basic. Well, look who's wrong, AGAIN! I finished the first book in the series today, and can't wait to start the second tonight. I am really impressed at the depth of novels available to young adults.
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
Monday, January 24, 2011
I hope your weekend was enjoyable too. Here are some scenes from ours:
|Negotiating a car purchase at Target|
|His new hobby, picking up sticks in the yard|
|Doesn't look like a winter sky to me...|
|Just the two of us|
Friday, January 21, 2011
Thursday, January 20, 2011
1. Gurgle jug. I first saw these when we lived in Virginia Beach. Waterman's Surfside Grill on the beach not only sells them in their shop, but uses them to serve water to their diners. I love the gurgle noise they make! My sister got me the blue jug from Signals for Christmas and I am using it every chance I get.
2. Tuscan salad from Giada De Laurentiis. We had some friends over today for a play date and I made this for the mommies. I can't speak for them, but I think it was a hit! I love the way the different flavors combine, and it is very light and fresh.
3. TJ Maxx. Doesn't everyone love TJ Maxx? Where else can you get a $400 Kate Spade bag for $130? Score!
Monday, January 17, 2011
On Saturday we headed out to a car show, which turned out to be the highlight of Little Dude's weekend (maybe even his life). He sat in more cars than I could count, and the gleeful look on his face was priceless. Some people take their kids to museums, we take ours to car shows...
|Checking for cup holders|
Yesterday we took advantage of the unseasonably warm (65!) temperatures here and took a walk. A certain three year old insists on holding the leash of his 80 pound dog. It is entertaining to say the least.
Friday, January 14, 2011
Thursday, January 13, 2011
1. La Brea Bakery Bake-At-Home French Demi Baguettes. Baguettes you keep in the freezer, bake for 12 minutes and taste like they're fresh from the bakery? Are you kidding me? These are incredible! I found them in the freezer section at Raley's this week and they do not disappoint. One of the things I miss living in a rural area is a great bakery with fresh bread. This comes about as close as you can get out here.
2. Zee Avi. I caught her song "Bitter Heart" on XM Radio's Coffee House station yesterday and couldn't wait to look her up on iTunes. Her music is described as folk-pop with quirky lyrics. She'll be touring with Jack Johnson this fall, so if you like his music, odds are, you're going to love her too!
3. BrideBlu on Etsy. "Simplistic and classic jewelry made with crystal, pearl, and vintage findings." I especially love the Blossom Rose Necklace and the Alyssa abstract wire flower necklace. So pretty! Check out the blog.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Monday, January 10, 2011
Friday, January 7, 2011
Thursday, January 6, 2011
1. GoGo Squeez applesauce. 100% squeezable fruit applesauce for kids. We have a very difficult time getting a certain someone to eat any fruits or vegetables around here. These are great, because it's in a pouch with a spout they squeeze directly into their mouth. No muss, no fuss. I found the Peter Rabbit version of these at Starbucks this summer. What a great idea!
2. lemonade handmade jewelry on etsy. I love this ecofriendly handmade jewelry line, and I find that the prices are extremely reasonable. Most of the pieces are simple and delicate, and I think any woman in your life would be thrilled with a gift from here. (Valentine's Day is right around the corner!)
3. Sierra Mist Cranberry Splash. I had this at a friend's house the other day, and wow! I love all things cranberry, and the combination of lemon-lime soda and cranberry is outstanding. Plus, it's caffeine free!