Blazing through Navy life one duty station at a time.

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Three things for Thursday

It's been an insanely long week, and even though it's Thursday night, it doesn't feel like the weekend will ever get here.  Here are the three things that have helped me keep up my spirits today:


1. anthropologie.com.  In a perfect world, there would be an Anthropologie store around the corner, and I could visit it weekly, maybe even daily.  Until then, I am happy enough to visit their website every day.  I lust after the clothes, look forward to markdowns, and delight over the quirky home items.  In fact, visiting them online might even be better - I'm sure they'd start to wonder about the woman coming into their store every single day, especially one who would always be "just browsing".


2. Cooking Light.  In my constant quest to develop healthier eating habits, I started subscribing last year.  I am so glad I did!  Their recipes are light and healthy, but never short on taste.  I had no idea!


3. The Hunger Games series, by Suzanne Collins.  I'm always the last one on the cool book band wagon, and this series is no different.  I've been reading about it in EW for some time now, but I finally got serious and downloaded The Hunger Games last night on my nook.  WOW!  I think I'm always hesitant to get into a hip YA book series (ahem, Harry Potter and Twilight, I'm looking at you) because I figure that either (a) they can't possibly live up to the hype or (b) the writing is going to be very basic.  Well, look who's wrong, AGAIN!  I finished the first book in the series today, and can't wait to start the second tonight.  I am really impressed at the depth of novels available to young adults.