Blazing through Navy life one duty station at a time.

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Three things for Thursday

Here are the three things I'm loving today, on this last Thursday of 2010:

1. Sundried Tomato Risotto.  Oh Pioneer Woman, how I love you.  A little heavy cream makes everything taste divine.  I made this for dinner tonight.  It makes enough for a small army, but that's okay, because it's one of those recipes that tastes better the longer it's been in the fridge.

2. Ugg Australia Classic Tall Boots.  I don't care what anyone says about the way Uggs look. They are heaven for your feet!  Pilot Pete bought me the Classic Cardy boots last year for my birthday, and I love them.  I couldn't wait for fall to hit so I could bust them out of the closet.  Unfortunately they're not really practical for wet winter weather.  So now I have these too.  I love them so much, I hate to take them off.  But I'd look pretty silly sleeping in boots...right?

3. Your Shape: Fitness Evolved for Kinect.  I know I listed Kinect as one of my three things last week, but I just got this game this week and we tried it out last night.  Wow.  I think I used muscles in my body I didn't know existed.  Let's just say that getting around today has been a challenge.  It's pretty neat the way the system scans your body for height, leg length, shoulder span, etc., and then selects workouts for you based on this and other information you provide.  I think this is going to be a fun way to get into better shape!